There are a few signs that you may have bed bugs:
- Bites on your skin: Bed bugs usually feed on human blood during the night, and their bites can appear as red, itchy welts on your skin.
- Bloodstains on your sheets: When bed bugs feed, they may leave behind small bloodstains on your sheets.
- Dark spots on your sheets or mattress: Bed bugs also leave behind fecal matter, which can appear as small, dark spots on your sheets, mattress, or other furniture.
- A musty odor: Some people report a musty odor in rooms where there is a bed bug infestation.
- Actual sightings: Bed bugs are small, reddish-brown insects that are about the size of an apple seed. If you see any bugs that fit this description crawling on your sheets, mattress, or other furniture, you may have a bed bug infestation.
If you suspect that you have bed bugs, it is important to contact a pest control professional to inspect and treat your home. Bed bugs can be difficult to eliminate on your own, and it is best to seek professional help to prevent a more serious infestation.