Pest control in winter can be challenging due to the colder temperatures, snow, and ice. However, there are some steps you can take to help prevent pests from invading your home during the winter months:
- Seal cracks and gaps: Pests can enter your home through small openings in walls, windows, and doors. Seal these cracks and gaps with caulk or weather stripping to prevent pests from entering.
- Keep your home clean: Pests are attracted to food and water sources. Clean up spills and crumbs promptly, and store food in airtight containers. Make sure to take out the garbage regularly and keep your kitchen and dining areas clean.
- Store firewood away from your home: Firewood can attract pests like termites and carpenter ants. Keep firewood at least 20 feet away from your home and off the ground.
- Inspect your home regularly: Check your home for signs of pest activity, such as droppings, chewed wires, or damaged walls. If you notice any signs of pests, contact a pest control professional right away.
- Use traps and baits: Traps and baits can be effective in controlling pests like mice and rats. Place them in areas where you have seen pest activity, such as near entryways or in the basement.
- Keep your home well-ventilated: Proper ventilation can help prevent moisture buildup, which can attract pests like cockroaches and silverfish.
- Hire Pest Scientists: If you are experiencing a pest infestation, it’s best to contact us. We can help identify the type of pest and implement a customized pest control plan to eliminate the problem.